Indian Geography Quiz
1. Guwahati is situated on the banks of river?
2. The Gulf of Mannar is situated along the coast which state in India?
(C) Andhra Pradesh
3. The city of Nasik is situated on the banks of which river in India?
4. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched
(A) Haldia : Orissa
(B) Jamnagar : Maharashtra
(C) Numaligarh : Gujarat
(D) Panangudi : Tamil Nadu
5. Which one of the following rivers originates near Mahabaleshwar ?
6. With reference to the climate of India, the western disturbances originate over which one of the following ?
(A) Arabian Sea
(B) Baltic Sea
(C) Caspian Sea
(D) Mediterranean Sea
7. In which one of the following states is the Nanga Parbat peak located ?
(B) Himachal Pradesh
(C) Jammu and Kashmir
8. In India, which of the following are the Southernmost hills ?
(A) Anaimalai hills
(B) Cardamom hills
(C) Nilgiri hills
(D) Javacli hills
9. Where are the coal reserves of India largely concentrated ?
(A) Son valley
(B) Mahanadi valley
(C) Damodar valley
(D) Godavari valley
10. Which of the following Indian island lies between India and Sri Lanka ?
11. In which state do the Mansoon arrives first ?
(B) West Bengal
12. How many islands are there in the group of Lakshadweep?
13. Which one of the following areas of India does not come under the zone of high seismic intensity ?
(B) Karnataka Plateau
(D) Himachal Pradesh
14. Between which ranges does the Kashmir valley in the Himlayas lie ?
(A) Siwalik and Pir Panjal
(B) Pirpanjal and Dhauladhar
(C) Zanskar and Pir Panjal
(D) Dhauladhar and Zanskar
15. Indravati is a tributary of which river ?
16. Which one of the following Indian rivers forms an estuary ?
17. Where is Thattekad Bird Sanctuary located ?
(B) Tamil Nadu
(D) Andhra Pradesh
18. In which one of the following states of India is the Pamayangtse Monastery situated ?
(B) Himachal Pradesh
(D) Arunachal Pradesh
19. Assertion (A) : The Gangatic plains are among the most beautiful agricultural areas of the world.
Reason (R) : The Gangetic plains contain predominatly regur soil.
(A) Both A and R are individually true and R is the correct explanation of A
(B) Both A and R are individually true but R is not the correct explaination of A
(C) A is true but R is false
(D) A is false but R is true
20. The main streams of river Ganga which flows beyond Farakka is known as?
(D) Suvarna Rekha
21. The length of the Indian coast line is
(A) 5000 km
(B) 5500 km
(C) 7516·6 km
(D) 5800 km
22. How many National waterways are there in India ?
23. In the Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh states, the joint “Rajghat River Valley Project” is launched on
(A) Ken River
(B) Son River
(C) Chambal River
(D) Betwa River
24. Which of the following rivers have almost the same point of emerging ?
(A) Brahmaputra and Ganga
(B) Tapi and Beas
(C) Brahmaputra and Indus
(D) Indus and Ganga
25. In which state of India is the maximum area irrigated by tube wells ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
Indian Geography Quiz Answers
1. (A) 2. (D) 3. (B) 4. (D) 5. (B) 6. (A) 7. (C) 8. (B) 9. (C) 10. (C) 11. (D) 12. (A) 13. (B) 14. (C) 15. (B) 16. (C) 17. (A) 18. (C) 19. (C) 20. (B) 21. (C) 22. (D) 23. (D) 24. (C) 25. (D)